We’re in our 46th year supporting military families and making a difference in their lives, and times have changed since 1969–especially on the World Wide Web. From our first website in 1997 where everything was housed on one page, we’ve come a long way, and guess what?! Our website just got even better!
NMFA is excited to announce the launch of our new, and totally awesome website! It’s got a fresh look, improved ways to navigate our resources, and a responsive design to make your pointing and clicking fast and to-the-point.
Here are 10 things you’ll love about our new website:
- A clean, uncluttered design to find exactly what you need
- A responsive design for computers, tablets, and smart phones
- Five simplified tabs to quickly direct you where you want to go
- A new and improved donation page allowing for quick giving, even from a tablet or smartphone
- A fun Volunteer section with a quick application process
- Easy access to all of our military spouse scholarship and professional development opportunities
- A beautiful, vivid slideshow and homepage to showcase NMFA’s advocacy and feature articles
- Compact, but detailed Kids + Operation Purple section, housing all the important things for raising military kids
- A simple, point-and-click Connect With Us area so you can find us on social media, and eNewsletters.
- Quick access to Branching Out, our blog featuring real life stories from military families’ front lines
After many hours of planning, researching, consolidating information, designing, implementing, and working out the kinks, our new website is live and ready to help you and your family navigate your military journey.
We’ve come a long way since our first website in 1997, but what’s even more amazing is how far we’ve come since 1969, when NMFA’s founders sat around a kitchen table and formed the humble beginnings of our Association. Even through the years, and multiple website designs, our focus hasn’t wavered; we’re here for you, because together we’re stronger.
Start exploring our new website and let us know what you think! Can’t find something? Let us know in the comments, or email Info@MilitaryFamily.org.
Posted by Shannon Prentice, Content Development Manager